1. I can feel my leg muscles and I like them.
2. I get a little faster each time I run.
3. Every time I’m half-way through running a new long distance, I think I can’t do it. And then I do it.
4. Some runners use the wrong lane and they’re the worst.
5. Some walkers with baby strollers use the wrong lane and pretend to not see you. They deserve that unintentional shoulder check.
6. Slow runners are pretty rad and really nice when you talk to them.
7. Elite runners are pretty rad and really inspiring when you talk to them.
8. No, seriously, touch my calves. They’re awesome.
9. Marathons are scary, but I want to do one more than anything.
10. I really, really love race bling.
11. I want a medal so bad.
12. Seeing all my race bibs on my fridge makes me feel more powerful than anything else.
13. Beating personal records makes me cry a lot.
14. I have a lot of running equipment now–I feel like a cool kid when I wear some of it.
15. A pending injury is terrifying.