I love old books, and so this postcard from Russia makes me heart smile. Those covers look so worn and so perfect!
Monthly Archives: April 2015
Let me sit down
and let it be familiar.
Bring my heart a book.
Thoughts From A New Yorker #60
Sometimes I feel words the way someone feels full and I know it’s time to write.
Beautiful Buildings of Belarus
Get it together, guys. This is completely unacceptable. My face is full of snot.
The leaking librarian
Pirates and Tea
Can you help me find
a book where pirates fight well
and then have some tea?
Thoughts From A New Yorker #59
Sometimes when I get on the subway, I feel the overwhelming desire to explain to those sitting down that I am riding this train to the end and I really need their seat, please.
Things That Make Me Happy #2
When my dog gives me one million high fives, even though he’s tired of me asking for high fives.
15 Things I Learned From Online Dating
1. Most men look the same.
2. A lot of people don’t know why they’re single.
3. Most people don’t realize that they’re disrespectful and rude.
4. There’s a lot of confusion about whether or not there are rules and what those rules might be.
5. Assumptions are the enemy.
6. Those who are jaded ruin it for the rest of us.
7. Having a nice body counts for a lot.
8. People become their stereotypes.
9. No one wants commitment until they can’t have it.
10. People are afraid of telling someone they’re not interested.
11. Few forget how crappy it is to be dumped through a text.
12. No, I really don’t want to hear about the other dates you’ve been on.
13. I also don’t want to hear about how cool your mom is.
14. Or how mean your ex is.
15. People use honesty and openness as an excuse to be mean.